Host your next event in our private room.
If you haven’t had the chance to peek downstairs into our private dining room, ask Raul or one of our servers to show you around the next time you stop by. We’ve hosted hundreds of private parties, from wedding receptions to recruiting dinners, from business meetings to holiday parties… you name it, and we’ve probably done it. Let us know what kind of event you’re hoping for, and we’ll do everything we can to make it happen for you — in style, with delicious food and top-notch service.
One of the unique perks of being located in a century-old building is that ours happens to have a downstairs speakeasy component. It’s true – our warm (or cool, in the summertime), cozy space used to be a real speakeasy back in the day, and we’ve done a lot to preserve that feeling. Take a look and be sure to notice the exposed beams overhead – they just don’t make ‘em like that anymore. And if you look closely at the original brick wall, you’ll notice the occasional nail head—those too are original and hand-forged.
Things to know:
- The room is accessible via an elevator, to accommodate all of your guests.
- A 60″ high-definition flat screen TV is available for programming or projecting your own presentations.
- The custom-made private bar can be set up with your choice of beverages.
- Sit down dinners will accommodate up to 55 people, while reception style events can serve 70.
Custom menu and service options for your special occasion:
We have unlimited dining options and menus up our sleeve and ultimately the choice is yours.
- Traditional Dinner. This option provides each guest with a choice of appetizers, entree and dessert. This is the simplest and, well, tidiest manner to take care of things. The downside, of course, is that it’s also the least interesting as people won’t get to try as many things. Here's an example of a standard dinner menu we prepared not long ago.
- Heavy Appetizers. This is an ideal option for parties interested in less of a sit-down dinner and more of a cocktail, “mingling” sort of affair. Here are some sample heavy appetizers (and some desserts) that our clients choose from, and from there we can work with you to decide how you’d like to proceed with beverages (we love to pair our food with craft beers, matching wines, and/or pitchers of our classic margaritas).
- Family Style. This is a favorite where dinner options are placed on the table and everyone shares – also good with family-style appetizers and/or desserts along with a choice of entree. The advantage of this is that everyone gets to try a lot of things and it certainly promotes the “breaking bread” element of dining together. Of course, it does make for a food-laden table and, depending on how well everyone knows one another, may be more intimate than you’d prefer.
- Buffet Style. This gives you the benefit of options that family style offers without the clutter and sharing factor. On the other hand, it’s less formal and does require guests to get up to serve themselves.
- The Whole Nine Yards is quite popular because it can integrate both the buffet and a standard dinner element (an example is here). A typical evening could include an appetizer buffet centered around a cocktail hour that precedes sitting down and ordering a choice of small soup or salad and an entree. The small soup or salad course is key here, as it allows the kitchen time to prepare the entrees without an uncomfortable and obvious break in the meal.